Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Almost over

Alyssa watched the eclipse from the comfort of her wood-stove heated house, what with that huge picture window overlooking the valley. A clear night, perfect viewing, neighbors out in the street, we went out, bundled up, every few minutes to insure that the kids stayed warm enough but were able to track the perceptible changes. After a lengthy discussion about lunar eclipses, how, no, the moon really is not cheese, Ruben, age 9, turned to me and asked, "so, how did you do that?" Wow, I can't even change the oil in my Honda....so I started over, again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found your blog while looking for more Missouri commentary on tonight's eclipse, and have linked to it. I write "Divinebunbun's Rugged Rural Missouri," at divinebunbun.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i woke up in rome at 4am to try to get a look.. but it was cloudy all night. i did get to see the one last year march in spain on a perfectly clear night. i'm glad you had good weather where you were!
p

Nathan said...

Great post. You followed one of the basic rules of comedy: name brands are always funnier. "I can't even change the oil in my car" lacks the punch that your line has. Keep 'em coming!

Erin said...

We did get to see some of the eclipse. The clouds came in before it was totally eclipsed, but we got to see the progression. It was really wonderful.

Allison Vaughn said...

I know, but my sister is too cute and funny not to post her lines...and it's fun to get her in a tizzy. I get calls that way.