Friday, July 09, 2010

07 Norton among the 7 Best


Augusta Winery's 07 Norton was featured recently on NBC's The Today Show as one of America's seven best regional wines. See the clip here, Matt Lauer enjoying a Missouri Norton. The 05 Augusta Norton is an outstanding vintage, and the 06 is aging in my rack, but the 07 was heralded as an affordable local wine, just as good as any small house European wine. (I hope it flies off their shelves and further popularizes the stately, under appreciated Norton grape.)
Visit the rolling hills around Augusta Winery, and taste Norton as it's meant to be tasted, from a stately Reidel Norton glass. It's just transformative.

6 comments:

Justin Thomas said...

That is fantastic! Thanks for passing on the news. Last year we sent an 05 Augusta Norton to my brother-in-law in San Francisco who is a bit of a wine snob. He initially scoffed, but was soon blown away. Go Ozark wines!

Allison Vaughn said...

I- and the whole staff at Augusta- have dreams of the 05 Norton. I'm hoping my 06 is as good, but will likely get a case of the 07 before it's all gone. This is just great news for Missouri, isn't it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up; I just purchased two Norton glasses. Your love of wine & the Highlands is fun to read about.

Allison Vaughn said...

Thanks a bunch, and you'll love the glasses. Even a cheap Australian cabernet is better in the Norton glass!

Anonymous said...

what kind of food would you recommend pairing with this Norton?

Allison Vaughn said...

I drink good Norton with anything, when I can afford it--hard cheeses and crusty bread, pizza, Thai food, anything that's good with a cab is great with a Norton.