Saturday, December 14, 2013

Santa's Army is out!

The wonderful house of Christmas cheer in Vienna has pulled out the stops once again this year, filling their large lawn with brightly lit Santas, snowmen, and the Holy Family. I managed to find the best cedar Christmas tree this year with one solid trunk and no bagworms. Unfortunately, it was 12 ft. tall, so I had to knock off 2 ft. from the base so it wouldn't bend at my 10 ft. ceilings. In honor of my mother who died a year ago today, I will embark on making Christmas candy, her mother's famous date loaf, her fudge, her divinity (only when the humidity is really low). I have bags of pecans from her house and her candy recipe books. Gently into the deep, dark winter nights to wish cheer and happiness to all.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Allison--do you live in Vienna? I went to school there until I was ten. I'm in Jeff City now, so I might have to take a trip to see the Santa-infested lawn.

Allison Vaughn said...

Hi Tina, I don't live in Vienna, but I take the drive from JC to Rolla a lot. This house is on the right just a couple miles before the main stoplight in Vienna. It's a great display that my little camera just can't capture!